Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day, Everybody

I know. I should stick to prose. But Valentine's Day is the only time of year when this wanna-be poet can spew some verse. If you'll read it, I promise not to do it again for at least a year. It may be awful stuff, but the sentiment is 100% heartfelt. :)

Happy Valentine's Day

Hug a lot and have some fun
Show some love and hold someone
Love yourself--it's your day too
Be the one and only you

You are precious, like your love
Like the love from high above
Send it, spend it, let it soar
That's what your good heart is for

When there's love, we're all together
Building trust and hope forever
No fears, no walls, just humankind
One face, one voice, one heart and mind




























2 comments:

Kayelle Allen said...

Awww! I love that! ^_^

Happy Valentine's Day to one of my favorite people ever.

Janet Elizabeth Jones said...

Hey thanks! :D You can have all my chocolate hearts for being such a true friend.